TITLE: DIRECTOR, SPIRITUAL CARE & CHAPLAINCY
- Develop and lead a team of chaplains, CPE students and community volunteers in providing spiritual care services
- Provide spiritual care services for a diverse population
- Develop and lead a Clinical Pastoral Education program
- Conduct ed. programs for staff, including medical staff
- Collaborate with Population Health in initiatives promoting mind and body health outside the hospital
- Develop relationships with area faith community leaders
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Spiritual Care service is up and running
- Develop a value based strategic work plan and budget
- Offer an extended unit of CPE Fall of ‘19
- Masters of Divinity or a related discipline
- MBA or MPA is a plus
- Four years Spiritual Care leadership in Healthcare
- ACPE Certified or Associate Certified Educator
- Certification as Hospital Chaplain is preferred
Howard County General Hospital (HCGH) in Columbia, MD is a strategic partner with Johns Hopkins Medicine. HCGH is a 245-bed acute care medical center with more than 1,900 employees and 1,000 physicians and allied health professionals.
Columbia (pop. 102,000) is one of the principal cities of the Baltimore and Washington D.C. corridor. It’s a magnet for families seeking good schools. Columbia consistently ranks in the Top 10 of CNN Money’s Best Places to Live in the U. S. Some residents worship at a church or synagogue, but others prefer an “interfaith center,” where the faiths rotate through a communal space.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: A COMPETITIVE Wage and Benefit package (including relocation assistance) is offered!