TITLE: DIRECTOR OF SPIRITUAL CARE & CPE
- Manage the health system’s Spiritual Care Department
- Ensure that the highest quality of spiritual care is provided to patients, their families, staff & physicians
- Organize and manage staff and resources to meet operational and strategic objectives
- Provide guidance, mentoring and continuing education for staff chaplains, community clergy and health system staff
- Build and maintain relationships with community clergy
- Serve on health system and hospital committees
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Mentor and provide staff chaplains with continuing Ed.
- Evaluate and implement community health initiatives
- Masters of Divinity or a related discipline
- Certified or certification eligible with APC or NACC
- Experience in Pastoral Ministry (min. 3 years)
- Experience in Spiritual Care leadership preferred
Baptist Health, a three hospital, serves as the hub for healthcare in Central Alabama. Baptist Health, with more than 4,300 employees, is one of Montgomery’s largest employers. The system’s flagship is Baptist Medical Center South a 454-bed, acute care regional referral center and medical school campus for UAB.
Baptist Health is located in Montgomery, Alabama. Montgomery, Alabama’s state capital has a population of just over 200,000. It has won several national awards including: Best Historic City by USA Today, “Top City For Job Growth” in 2014 by ziprecruiter.com, and the ‘happiest city in Alabama.’ Montgomery has also been recognized nationally for its downtown revitalization and new urbanism projects.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: A COMPETITIVE Wage and Benefit package (including relocation assistance) is offered!