TITLE: DIRECTOR OF CHAPLAINCY SERVICES
- Manage and direct the hospital’s Chaplaincy Services Department
- Ensure that spiritual care is offered and provided to patients, families, visitors and staff
- Provide spiritual and ethical guidance to Executive and Medical leadership
- Work collaboratively in the planning and delivery of spiritual care related training and education
- Build and strengthen relationships with area clergy
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Schedules and clinical assignments have stabilized
- Staff have been evaluated and given personal development plans
- More staff have completed CISM training
- Three years chaplaincy services leadership experience
- Masters of Divinity or a related discipline
- Board Certified as a hospital Chaplain
- Ordained by a recognized spiritual tradition
- ACPE Certified or Associate Certified Educator helpful
Located in West Reading, PA, Reading Hospital is a 711-bed not-for-profit teaching hospital and the flagship facility of Tower Health. As a Level I Trauma Center, Reading Hospital treats more than 135,000 people annually in its ED.
Surrounded by rolling hills, Reading is Pennsylvania’s fifth most populated city (pop. 88,000). Many excellent music groups have contributed to the city’s distinction as a center of art and culture. The climate in greater Reading is changeable, but considered relatively mild.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: A COMPETITIVE Wage and Benefit package (including relocation assistance) is provided!
For more information, please call Richard Thorne at Thorne Consulting (404) 873-3775
E-mail resume: email@example.com